Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Visiting with Grandma Kay and Grandpa John

We started our time back at Michael's mom's house with a nightly visit to the campground meeting at Salem Campground. The campground has been around for a while and many churches participate in it. I would relate it to an outdoors Revival service here. Anywho, it was a nice time to see people from Kay's church and some old friends of Michael's as well.



Then Kay and Michael's sisters gave us a day out and watched Abraham for us. We had lunch at The Varsity which is THE thing to do if you are in Atlanta. I would equate it to eating crabs in Maryland. It has been around since 1928 and serves cheeseburgers, hotdogs, corndogs, fries etc... I am a cheap date folks and not a high maintenance girl. That isn't to say that I don't like to dress up and have good food but this worked for me! It is also one of the first places that Michael took me to when we were dating and I flew down to visit him. So it has a special place in my heart... I had left the camera in the car or we would have had a picture just like we did 7 years ago! You lucked out honey!!

We also discovered that we have a little fish for a son! A good friend of mine gave us the swimmies which were perfect for him. Our little independant son wanted NO help jumping in off the side of the pool and did quite well amazingly. Swam like he had taken classes - but of course hadn't! He is a natural in water.

He got very brave and decided to jump off of the diving board as well. Going under didn't scare him and kept wanting to do it more. Wore out Michael's arms catching him!



No comments: