Friday, July 4, 2008

The time has come...





The time has come. It is time to get rid of the diapers and to move on to bigger and better things. Abraham has been showing an interest in the "potty" recently so I thought I'd capitalize on that and get him moving in the direction of potty training. It was my goal for the summer anyhow... Guess I should have let him in on that goal! Anyhow, we have been trying with some success #2 on the potty but he has to hang onto my neck for dear life. So we headed to Target today to get a "big boy" potty. He chose this one, of course! Maybe the idea of Mc Queen being there will get the ball rolling... HA!

Anyone have any GREAT advice for this mommy on potty training? Any advice is welcome!!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Buy lots of wine!!! I truly think that potty training was the most challenging part of parenting so far. I tackled it last summer with Zoe because I didn't want her to be trained at school. She still does the potty dance and waits to long, but we are getting there. Just remember...I have never heard of an adult not being potty trained so it WILL happen.

Lavishly Loved said...

My niece Corinne always gave a treat when they did poop in the potty! It seemed to work....
Just a thought.

Gilpatriclife said...

Hey, it helped Anna to get a sticker on the calender and then when she completed a week of complete potty no messes, then she got to go to the dollar store and get ONE thing. It was insentive for her apparently.
You are in luck though cause Anna was a lot harder than Isaac to potty train. He just loved "big boy" pants which was a big help for me.