Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Potty Training Take 1

We started trying out this whole potty training thing today. Abraham was very excited about his Diego underwear and ran around all morning with it on. I used a timer and every time it went off (about every 45 minutes) it was potty time. So... 3 pairs of underwear later and nothing in the potty, I gave up and did a diaper when we went to the playground. I realize that he is still young so it's not going to be easy, I get that. But really...

I must admit, I am a bit sad. My baby is wearing big boy underwear. His little toosh looks so cute in the underwear but the realization that my baby is growing up brings a tear to my eye. What is next? Kindergarten? First crush? First broken bone? Middle School? Prom? Drivers License? College? Marriage? I know, I know... I am getting WAY ahead of myself but it goes so quickly. I don't want to miss any of it. I want to make the most of every moment I have with him. You never know when you might not have that time with your kids.

So, turn the TV off. Get off the computer. Play with your kids. Read books together. Run around like you are a kid yourself. Cuddle and kiss them until they can't take it anymore.
Make the most of the time you have. Live life to the fullest. Enjoy the moments. Capture the memories in your mind.

(I am saying this to myself as much as I am saying it to anyone who actually reads this blog... and I'm wondering how I got from potty training to this...?? Sorry..)

1 comment:

Amy said...

It does get easier! For me though I had to wait until he was ready...and that took a while. When he finally came around though it was easy!

P.S. You posted a response on my bloggy giveaway and thought it was funny that you live in Bel Air - we live in Edgewood.