Sunday, July 6, 2008

Nothing better than being at home

There is nothing more delightful than a simple day at home, with my men. I got up early today and did food shopping. Michael asks if I'm crazy - no I just like the quiet of the morning and being able to food shop without a 2 1/2 year old continuously climbing out of the "car" shopping cart. There was no one in the store today and it was truly quiet. By the time I had gone, come back and unpacked the food, the little man was starting to talk. I gave him a few minutes to wake up and then around 9:30 got him out of bed. Yes, 9:30! He didn't have much of a nap yesterday and didn't go to bed until 8:30. He needed his sleep!

I made breakfast (scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, coffee) as it began to pour outside. We have stayed inside all day - coloring, playing with playdough, Michael tying flies, and now Abraham is napping. I think that I might go and do the same. Oh yea, this school bus is something that was given to us a while ago that Michael decided to pull out of storage - thanks babe. I had to get in it to read today, definately NO pictures of that!






3 comments:

Gilpatriclife said...

Yes, early morning groceries with no kids is the best. I tend to try and do that too. I love to be up early anyway, but unfortunately so do my kids. LOL!
And that bus looks like a load of fun. Glad he has something to keep himself occupied.

Garden Girl said...

LOVE the bus!! I absolutely think we should have pics of you in there reading...

Mel @ A Box of Chocolates said...

I'm all for the day of rest with the family. It makes it easier when it is raining bc then I don't feel as guilty. That school bus is too cute. I would love to see the pix of you reading in it...c'mon!!