Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!


Like many of you, if I were to begin to make a list of all that I'm thankful for my list would be miles long. But just for kicks, here are a few things that I'm thankful for:

1. God - for His love and patience with me

2. Michael - the love of my life. I'm so blessed to be married to my best friend!


3. Abraham - my sweet and healthy boy, who is the light of my life.

4. Moses - only here for 1 month, he blessed my life more than imaginable.


5. My family - without them I wouldn't be the woman I am today.


6. My friends - those that laugh and cry with me, those who know ME yet love ME anyhow!


7. My job - steady and my way to make a difference in the lives of kids.


8. My home - with working heat and water, with clothes in my closet, and food on the table.


9. The difficult times - because it's during those times that I learn about myself and about the faithfulness of my Heavenly Father. They are growing experiences that I wouldn't do without.


10. (on the lighter side) Target - my absolutely favorite store in the world!


11. Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Lattes :)






I truly believe that Thanksgiving should be a state of the heart, not just one day of the year. It isn't always easy to remember to be thankful, even in the difficult times. But having a thankful heart puts things into perspective.


What are you thankful for today... and every day?

No comments: