Monday, June 16, 2008

Date Day - Inner Harbor, Baltimore

This past Saturday Michael and I had a long overdue date day together. My sister watched Abraham and we took off to the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. For a while now we have been wanting to see the Body Worlds exhibit at the Science Center, so that was our intended destination. On the way down, we stopped at Ray Lewis' BBQ place. I am SO not a Ravens fan - mainly because I can't stand Ray Lewis and his arrogant attitude (not everyone in B'more is people, come on now! I can't be the only one!!) - however his BBQ was pretty good! We enjoyed lunch without having someone calling our names and crawling all over the seats and crying to get down and... well you get the picture! I had me a strawberry margarita and man was it good!









Nah, come on... arrogant and stuck on himself?? Not Ray Lewis... right, you say... aren't those his pictures ALL over the wall?? YUP!


The BodyWorlds exhibit absolutely fascinating and not as creepy as I thought it would be. I would try to explain the procedure that the guy goes through to get the bodies to do what they do but I'd mess it up! Check out the website and see for yourself. I do warn you - they are REAL bodies! I kept thinking as I walked through the place that there was no way anyone could see the intricacies of the bodies and think for one moment that we were a product of evolution. I mean to see the structure of the human body and how incredibly we were fashioned... it just blew my mind.

We had a really great day together just being a couple. There was a quote that was used in the exhibit that caught my eye and I thought was worth repeating:

"Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and a richness to life that nothing else can bring."
Oscar Wilde

I thought immediately of my sweet hubby when I read it. I can't imagine my life without him and his love... and being able to love him for that matter. He truly has brought a richness to my life that I had never known before. He has caused me to look at people thru different eyes and to see situations thru different perspectives. Michael is my rock - there was a time in my life that I felt like I had been dragged under a Mack Truck and left for dead. He was my Rock and the voice of calmness and reason. He has this way about him that brings my hyper-ness down to a manageable excitment level! He is my best friend. There is no one in the world that I would rather spend time with than him. He is my partner and we are in this (marriage, parenthood) for a lifetime. His strengths complement my weaknesses and vice versa. I need him as much as he needs me (although I'm not sure he realizes this)

I am a better person for knowing and loving this man of mine, Michael Andrew Ragan. I am eternally grateful to the Father for bringing us together, in a somewhat unusual way, but perfect in HIS sight.





1 comment:

Mel said...

I love dates with my hubby! We haven't tried the bbq place yet, but have heard good things. Dave was just talking about trying to go to the Body Works thing so maybe we will put it on our to do soon list. I was wondering if it would be too creepy, but since you said it wasn't I'll try to be brave!