Monday, June 23, 2008

Appalachian Trail Hikers


Chris, Kathryn, Kevin and Elizabeth

Speaking of our GA family, 2 of my sister in laws and their boyfriends have been hiking the Appalachian Trail for the past 3 months. They have been planning for this hike for a number of months before setting out. The entire trail runs from Georgia to Maine and they intend on doing the whole thing,which takes about 6 months. My first reaction was one of shock "Are you crazy??" but the more I thought about it I thought - Hey, why not? Right? Young, outdoor loving, nothing to tie you down, up for a challenge - that describes them to a T. I really admire them for taking this on and pressing on!

Luckily for us, the Appalachian Trail runs pretty close to us. They are in Harpers Ferry this week and are coming here for a few days to visit. I'm sure they'll appreciate a few days off of the trail - in a home, instead of a tent! This will be the only chance we get to see them for another 3 months at least.

My mother in law, Kay, and her sister, Marianne, will stay with my mom. And the girls and boyfriends will stay with us, along with Michael's other sister and her friend - sleeping on the floor.... hence the steam cleaning yesterday.

Check out their blog if you get a chance!

No comments: