Sunday, October 26, 2008

I love NY -- Part 2

After we got to our hotel (we stayed in NJ since it was much cheaper) and called the men to make sure the kids were still alive :) Kari and I drug Mom back out to go into the city. By this time it was like 8pm and she was wiped out. But she was a trooper and went along for the ride. Our hotel was within walking, ahem, distance from the train that we needed to take into the city. We had a bit of a debacle with getting there but that is for us to know, and for you to NEVER find out!
We ended up riding the train for free, since the "conductor" was too busy keeping tabs on the drunk guys on the bottom level of the train.
Getting into the city was quite an eye opener. Imagine the 3 of us navigating our way through the subway stops and the train stuff -- Mom and Kari wisely gave ME the map and let me be the map reader. Not sure exactly how wise that was.. but we did get there!!
Seriously, Times Square at night is so FANTASTIC! Better than I could have imagined! I have always wanted to do this. The lights, the people, the hustle and bustle... it would be even better at Christmas!
We didn't get back to the hotel until close to midnight... we were tired and our legs and feet were hurting puppies! We crashed and slept great!


My amazing Mom in the middle of Times Square -- she allowed us to take her out of her comfort zone so that she could have the experience with us. What other mom would do this??

Madagascar is coming again! Yahoo!

I so want to see a Broadway play one of these days.


Our self portrait in Times Square ~~ I love these 2 women! Couldn't imagine my life without them!




2 comments:

Mel said...

It looks like you had a blast. I agree that there is nothing better than being in Times Square at night with all the lights. I've seen a couple plays, Beauty and the Beast, Legally Blonde, and Mary Poppins. They were all amazing. If you can get by the cost!! Seeing your picture of pizza now has me craving some. Guess what we will be getting for lunch when we go in a couple of weeks. One of my all time must do before I die is go to Times Square for New Years Eve. I would love to watch the ball drop there. So glad you had fun!!

Paul & Linda said...

Sweetie,

Thanks for keeping our code of silence about the walk to the train station that night! :-) Makes me laugh just thinking of it!! Thanks to you and Kate for moving me out of my comfort zone to have a FANTASTIC weekend with you girls! You girls keep me young!
lovingly, Momma