Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Vacation at Myrtle Beach

<
Great fun digging in the sand!


I found a cool shell Momma!


Daddy and Abraham finding shells on the beach


I'm pooped!


I haven't posted in a while because we were away for vacation the past 2 weeks. We stopped in Myrtle Beach before heading to Georgia to visit family. I grew up vacationing in Myrtle Beach and it holds great memories for me. But the last time I was there was 9 years ago and LOTS has changed. I have decided that I don't like all the crowds and that the Outer Banks beaches are more my (our!) speed.

Of course that didn't stop us from heading to the beach to let Abraham have his first beach experience. He liked digging in the sand and throwing his shovel in the waves, watching it float out to sea (not really but he seriously would have liked that!) He liked the waves coming in on his feet and at one point did a belly flop and nearly got bowled over by a wave - he came up laughing!

It was so fun to watch his expression and reaction to the water and the sand. It was worth coming to the beach just for that!


Momma and Abraham (one of the only pictures of me and the boy on vacation - stinks being behind the camera the whole time!)



Daddy and Abraham enjoying dinner


The first night we were there we went to this place called Broadway on the Beach. It is a HUGE place filled with shopping, eating, rides, IMAX theater... anything you could think of is here. Talk about the crowds. We ended up eating at this place, Key West Grill because it was the only place with a wait that was less than 30 minutes! We had to eat outside on the deck to get it - and boy was our boy rammy and hungry. It came down to letting him eat the sour cream from my baked potato and the honey butter that came with the bread. That is probably why he looks the way he does in that picture with Michael! Poor child!

2 comments:

Mel said...

I bet you are pooped! I've been waiting for the pictures of your vacation. Thanks for sharing!
Mel

Paul & Linda said...

Hey sweeties 3,

ALL your vacation pics are GREAT!! Love the ones with Grandpas and Grandmas!! We all share such a precious little grandson!! And of course, I loved the M. Beach pics. Despite the traffic and the changes, that place will always hold a special place in our hearts, and I'm glad you were able to share that with Abraham (even though he didn't understand its 'special-ness') And you're right, things change...not always for the good. Glad you enjoyed your time away!
love to you all, Momma (MiMi) x0x0x