Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Steven Curtis Chapman Update



If you didn't have a chance to catch the interview with Steven Curtis Chapman on Good Morning America today, you really should. It was a true testimony of God's grace and forgiveness even when you don't understand your circumstances.
I appreciated the words that Mary Beth shared with Robin during the interview - they are the real and raw feelings of a mother who has lost her child.

"I don't care whose lives are touched by this story or whose lives are changed or what good comes from it. The heart of a mom is that I want my Maria back. But because I know that she is completely whole, because of my faith, I know she is completely whole and completely okay... as a mom I have to shift that grief... to make sure (my family) is as whole and healthy as they can be. Through that then, when people's lives are changed and touched then I can be okay with that. But it's the heart of a mom - I'd like to have Maria back"

I haven't ever heard the song "Yours" by SCC but he wrote a fourth verse to it after losing Maria. You HAVE to listen to this song... a great reminder that everything we have been given has come from HIS hand - children are entrusted to parents for a time but are ultimately HIS. That resonated with me as I watched, and cried my way through the video. You can be sure I'll be buying his new CD as well as attempting to go to his concert when he comes to town with Michael W. Smith.


No comments: