Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



Since my mom, sister and I spent the Saturday before Mom's Day together (more about that to come!), I had the whole day on Sunday to spend with my boys. Michael and Abraham took me to Outback Steakhouse for lunch. Yummy! We NEVER go there - pretty pricey if you ask me. But it was a special occasion of course! I had grilled shrimp, chicken and veggies. It was incredible!

Then we went and walked around Barnes and Noble for a little while until it was nap time. I got to open my present when we got home. The boys had spent time painting me this beautiful picture while I was gone on Saturday. I don't know if you can tell or not but I can very distinctly see 2 sets of handprints - my big "boy" and my little boy! What a sweet token of their love for me! I'd much rather have something like this than some big, expensive gift. I am beginning to understand it when my mom would always say she loved the handmade gifts the best. I agree Momma!

Thank you Michael and Abraham for showing me how much you love me and appreciate me! I love you too!




Check out this picture from 2 Mother's Days ago - 2006! Both pictures were taken in our car!

2 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Aww both those pics are adorable!!!

Mel said...

What a beautiful picture. I agree that these homemade gifts are the best we can get! I'm glad you enjoyed your lunch. Think Summer!!!