Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Concert of the Year - Kenny is the MAN!


So two weekends ago, my mom, sis Kari and I had our yearly trip to see THE MAN, Kenny Chesney in concert. Except this time he came with some pretty big names on his Poets and Pirates tour. The concert was held at M&T Stadium, home of the B'more Ravens. It was an ALL day thing!


Me and Kari - We were totally STOKED about being there!!


Me and my momma - Kari and I have gotten her hooked on country music!


They were calling for rain this day but as you can tell there isn't a cloud in the sky! Ha,Ha Weatherman!! Self portraits are GREAT!



Leanne Rimes was pretty good. She sang some of her older songs. She has a great voice!


Gary Allen - I didn't know who he was until he started singing "I'm just sitting out here watching airplanes..." Good to put a face and name with a song!


This is BIG

And this is RICH!!
They were both really fun - a great pair of entertainers! Quite the BIG personalities for sure!



Brooks and Dunn were great as well... except that Kari and I had to enjoy them from the hot dog line... that was 4 miles long and moving at a snails pace. Finally we got "dinner" (and I use that term loosely!) and made it back to our seats in time to hear their last 2 songs! Oh Well!!

Yes, it is dark outside... this was an ALL day concert folks! Doors opened at 1:30 - it started around 2:40 - and we didn't get out of there until nearly 11 pm!! We are SUCH the partiers!!


Then there was my poor momma! She fell on our way into the stadium and landed on her wrist. So there she sat, during the WHOLE concert, with an ice pack on her arm! I tell you what people, my mother is a TROOPER! And she loves her some Kenny so she was NOT about to leave for some silly hand - which by the way was fractured as was her elbow! LOVE YOU MOMMA!



Finally the man of the hour came out!

To quote Toby Keith --- "Hottie, he's a hottie!"



We had such a good time together for our girls day out! The day was beautiful, the music was AWESOME and the company topped it all! Thanks Nanny - wish you were here to enjoy it with us. As for you Kenny, we'll see you next year!!

No comments: