Thursday, April 5, 2007

THANKFUL FOR LAUGHTER!! :)




Psalms 21:6 "For you make him most blessed forever! You make him glad with the JOY of your presence."

Proverbs 17:22 "A JOYFUL heart is good medicine..."

This evening as I was fixing dinner I heard the best sound in the whole world. In the living room, on the other side of the wall where I was, I could hear my sweet Abraham belly laughing at something Michael was doing. This went on for a good 5 minutes - Abraham's laughter filling the room. I can't say that there is anything I'd rather hear than my 2 "boys" playing and laughing together.

In my head I started singing a song by Michael Card, an old Christian music singer. I'm not sure what its called but it's about Abraham and Sarah and God telling them that she was going to give birth to Isaac even tho she was ancient and she LAUGHS! It also talks about how the name Isaac means LAUGHTER.

How cool is that? To be named LAUGHTER! I mean think about it? Doesn't laughing make you feel good inside? Have you ever heard a baby or a small child laugh? I don't know about you but laughter tends to be contagious for me. I get sucked into people's laughter even when I don't have a clue what they are laughing about! :)

I can't imagine a world without laughter - a way to express happiness and joy. I'm so glad that the Father created us with emotions and feelings and gave us LAUGHTER as a way to express those feelings. It can be a release for some.

I love that verse from Proverbs about the joyful heart. I know that the joyful heart of Abraham and his laughter is good medicine for me. He can cheer me up and make me feel good when I'm having a rough day. I love it when Michael makes me laugh. I love sharing those emotions with him too - he has an uncanny way of knowing when I need a good release! My sister is yet another person that I love sharing laughter with. Between the 2 of us, we can be quite the comedy show sometimes! She is good for my heart too!

I guess I should finish this by saying that I'm thankful for (if you couldn't figure it out by now!) LAUGHTER!!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you, I am also grateful for laughter.

Kate said...

From one COMEDY show to another...I'd be happy to *star* in yours anytime!! :D You're the best...and I so agree with your post today. Laughter is SOO good for the heart...you are good for my heart too, sis! Love you!!!