Sunday, April 22, 2007

March of Dimes Walk America - CELEBRATING LIFE!


Aunt Kari and Abraham


Michael, Abraham and Kari

Today was the March of Dimes Walk America for our area. This is such an important cause that affects us personally. Every year, half a million babies in the U.S. are born prematurely. Premature birth is the leading cause of newborn death and many life long disabilities. The funds we raise in WalkAmerica support research that saves babies' lives.

As many of you know, our boys were born on November 1, 2005 at 28 weeks premature. Abraham was 2 lbs 10 oz and Moses was 2 lbs 6 oz. This walk is a way for us to honor Moses' life and to celebrate the great health that Abraham has enjoyed.

The Father gave us yet another beautiful day to participate in the walk. Michael, Abraham, me and my sister Kari all took the time to do the walk. It sure seemed a bit longer than Kari and I remembered! I think it was probably a good 3-4 miles. We got our exercise in for the day!

I couldn't help but flash back to nearly 1 1/2 years ago when the boys were born and remember all the ups and downs of NICU life. And as I remembered the NICU, I was just overcome with thankfulness to the Father for the 2 sweet boys He gave us. I'm so thankful to the nurses for the wonderful care they gave the boys and us. Were it not for them, that 51 days we spent at GBMC would have been 100 times worse. I truly believe our boys were there for a reason and that they touched the lives of the nurses and doctors in their time there. And THAT is the testimony of their lives - Both Moses and Abraham.

We will have the opportunity to thank those nurses next week as we have a reunion with the NICU "family" at GBMC. Each year they hold these reunions and its fun to see the nurses that took care of the boys and to show off how big Abraham is. I'm sure I'll have pictures to show of that too!




Momma, Daddy and Abraham


Kari, Abraham and Me

No comments: