100 things about me (and my family)
1. This kids song is my theme song for my life: “He’s still working on me, to make me what I ought to be. It took him just a week to make the moon and the stars, sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars. How loving and patient He must be, cause He’s still working on me!”
2. I’m more in love today than yesterday with my hubby Michael. He is my soul mate, my lover and my best friend. I’m so blessed to be his wife.
3. My boys, Abraham and Moses, are my pride and joy.
4. They were born premature at 28 weeks and had to spend in the NICU.
5. I hate hospitals now. Between 5 weeks on bed rest in the hospital and another 51 days in the NICU, if I never go back it would be too soon.
6. My sweet boy Moses lives with Jesus and the angels in Heaven. He is 100% healthy there and is happy.
7. I can’t wait for the day that I’ll be able to see him and hug him again.
8. I live in the same area that I grew up in.
9. Michael moved to MD from GA for love. There weren’t any good Georgia peaches down there I guess!
10. Blue is my favorite color.
11. Michael and I have visited almost every lighthouse between Georgia and Maine. We did this BC – Before children!
12. Getting Michael to climb up the lighthouses was like pulling teeth – he hates heights.
13. I would wear jeans and a t-shirt every day if I could.
14. If I could go anywhere in the world I would go to an island with very few people.
15. I’m a shoe addict.
16. I’m also a Target addict. I can’t get enough of that store.
17. I get my expensive taste in clothes and shoes from my Nanny. She was always dressed impeccably and she always looked like a lady.
18. My Nanny now takes care of my Moses for me. I hope they are loving each other for me today.
19. I HATE most types of chocolate, ie: ice cream, cake, icing. I’ll eat on occasion chocolate candy bars but that is about it.
20. My favorite candies are fruity, sort of like me!! Skittles, Starburst, Lifesavers etc.
21. My perfect summer day is laying on the beach with a book, listening to the waves roll in, soaking up the sun.
22. My job is the perfect job for me. Most days I feel like I make a difference. Other days I want to quit!
23. I have made some dear friends through my job, some co-workers and others are parents of students.
24. TLC is the best channel on cable TV.
25. I LOVE reality TV – I’m a sucker for American Idol, Survivor, Amazing Race, True Life, Real World… and the list goes on.
26. Becoming a mom is the accomplishment that I am most proud of.
27. I am a poor housekeeper. I hate cleaning – much to the despair and pleading of my neat-freak hubby! Sorry babe
28. I’d rather do the laundry than clean.
29. I was home schooled for high school and I loved it.
30. I attended Liberty University and majored in Elementary Education. I lived off campus for my first year and was a nanny for extra cash.
31. I lived in Bolivia, South America for 4 months while I completed my student teaching semester.
32. I’d love to go back and see the school and the missionaries that I lived with. Maybe one day!
33. I had my one and only school spanking in first grade… yes they had corporal punishment back then. I helped a kid cheat and we got caught.
34. I “forgot” to tell my parents about the spanking and when they found out I got it worse at home. Dumb first grader!
35. I long to be back involved in a church and for Abraham to grow up knowing the Sunday School songs and stories I grew up with.
36. Both Michael and I got seriously sunburned on our honeymoon and had to come home a day early.
37. I hate taking care of my feet – mostly painting my nails.
38. Everyone should be required to get a pedicure.
39. I always get strawberry cheesecake on my birthday. My mom gets it from the Amish in PA – it’s the best!
40. We tried to be creative in naming the boys. Were going to do and A and B names but it didn’t end up that way. We liked Abraham because it was original. We chose Moses’ name because of a meaning we found: created for special purposes. It suited him to a T.
41. Being a teacher allows me to have Winter Break, Spring Break, Summer Break and SNOW DAYS!! Course I love kids too, mind you!
42. I can’t stand to see, hear or clean up vomit – even with my own kid! Worse when it’s a student
43. I can’t stop myself from buying “stuff” for Abraham – toys, clothes and of course SHOES!
44. I am starting my Master’s Degree in April. I hope to finish before Abraham turns 18 – HA!
45. I used to stay up late to finish a book I was reading – after Abraham I forget what books are.
46. My alarm clock has a name – Abraham!
47. When I was little I wanted to be an ice skating nurse in Haiti.
48. When I was a teen, I wanted to either be a fashion designer or an interior designer.
49. I love to laugh
50. One of these days you’ll find me in the woods of PA, in a log cabin, with a hubby that is a fly fishing guide.
51. Winnie the Pooh is my favorite Disney character.
52. My nickname growing up was Pooh Bear.
53. I love selling stuff on Ebay. If it’s not tied down, it’s gone!
54. Every time I watch Lost, I get jealous. I’d love to be stranded on an island with no one around.
55. I love grocery shopping – it’s my weekly escape. I could spend hours in there.
56. I could easily be a shopaholic… if I had more money!
57. I wish I had more time to cook better for my family. I look forward to trying new recipes this summer.
58. The older I get the more I understand and respect my parents.
59. I admire my sister in law, Elizabeth. She is a free spirit and had followed her heart to the other side of the country, completely away from family. I think she is brave and adventurous. I’d love to be more like that.
60. I go out and get coffee or ice cream with my sister once a week – maybe that is why I can’t shed the pounds!
61. People who are dishonest really tick me off.
62. I’m organized – organized chaos. It might not look organized but I know RIGHT where things are.
63. I’m the cheapskate of our family.
64. My favorite day of the week is Saturday because I get to take Abraham to the library for Story Time.
65. I’d be afraid to be a contestant on the show “Are you smarter than a 5th grader?” Although I taught 5th for a year, I think I’d look like an idiot!
66. Amy and I have been friends for over half of our lives.
67. Old friends are the most precious and if they know that much about you, you really SHOULD keep them close!
68. I’m a firm believer that “Everything happens for a reason. I might not know why but I don’t have to know.”
69. I play the lottery every week with some co-workers. When we win big, watch out! There will be a need for teachers at RFE!
70. We just bought our first new car this past weekend – and I love it!
71. I have a hard time keeping anything clean – house or car. I promised my hubby that I’d do better with the new one!
72. I’m admire my sister and brother in law for living with my parents. Sometimes you just do what you have to do – even if you don’t like it.
73. I’m proud of my nephew for doing so well in Kindergarten.
74. I’m proud of my niece for overcoming what could have been a blow to her confidence. She is a tough cookie and very strong willed. She blows me away daily with her zest for life!
75. I don’t own any gold jewelry. Only silver.
76. My secret vice is watching ice skating.
77. I’m Irish and I love doing St. Patty’s Day activities with my students. I usually dump desks and pretend that I’m a leprechaun! They get a kick out of it.
78. I’d drink a caramel frappachino from Starbucks every day of the week if I could.
79. Because my mom taught me the “correct” way to type, I’m pretty good at it – fast and fairly accurate.
80. I really do LOVE my in-laws. Yes I realize this is out of the ordinary for some but I get along great with them.
81. Abraham’s room has polka dots on the wall – my mother in law painted them, actually she decorated his whole room. Thanks Kay!
82. I love anything mint: Mint Oreos, ice cream, Peppermint Patties etc.
83. I used to hate roller coasters but now I love them.
84. I love cinnamon gum – Big Red is the best!
85. When I feel like a failure at “life” I remember that Abraham thinks I’m the best mommy ever and that is what really matters.
86. My favorite place to vacation is the Outer Banks.
87. I take sick days even when I’m not sick. Usually they are “mental health days”!
88. Chick-fil-a is my favorite fast food place. Their sweet tea rocks!
89. Mexican is my favorite kind of food. I could eat it 3 times a week.
90. I hate “sLIMA beans” and always have. We used to have contests growing up to see who could get the most on their fork and swallow it the fastest.
91. I like having a June birthday because I get gifts every 6 months.
92. One day I’d love to own a bed and breakfast in PA. Michael would be a fly fishing guide and I’d be the hospitality.
93. I think it would be fun to live in New York city.
94. It’s really hard to come up with 100 things about me. I must live a pretty boring life.
95. Besides my husband, my sister is my best friend. I tell her EVERYTHING!
96. Give me caramel or give me death!
97. My favorite singer growing up was Steven Curtis Chapman. I was obsessed with him!
98. I love my XM radio!
99. My XM is set to the 80’s music station. I love the 80’s! Go Rick Astley and Huey Lewis!
100. I don’t have any tattoos – but my hubby does.