Thursday, February 8, 2007
Based on the week, no, make that month, that I've had recently with my 3rd graders, this "rant" has emerged, rearing it's ugly head. Sorry for the language! Know that I've never, nor do I ever plan on, saying ANY of these things in class - with the exception of #1 and #5.
Thirteen things I wish I could say to my third graders
1. What the heck are you doing??
2. Life isn't fair. (said to me by my 5th grade teacher and I hated it!)
3. Don't your parents care about your education?
4. Do I LOOK like your mother?
5. What do you mean you lost the pencil I gave you 2 seconds ago?
6. Get a grip and quit crying!
7. Do you pull this crap at home?
8. Does this look like Starbucks? SHUT UP!
9. What part of NO don't you understand? The "N" or the "O"???
10. You are my favorite student this year.
11. You are too smart for your own good.
12. Your mother should have named you "Drama Queen/King".
13. SHUT UP!
My class is made up of 14 boys and 9 girls. The boys, God bless them, are VERY immature and it shows daily. They drive me insane most days. I have to get this out somewhere!! Anyone want to trade jobs for the day?