Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Local Celebrities Visit RFE

Jojo Girard, Sarah Jacobs and Me
2nd and 3rd Graders at RFE - Such BIG hearts!


Sarah Jacobs, Jojo Girard and Me with the wagon full of dough!!









So yesterday was the culmination of our "Change Bandits" fund raiser for Hopkins Children's Center. We were honored to have the local DJ's from the station organizing the Change Bandits - Jojo and Sarah - come to the Assembly. They came in the middle of their day to be a part of our celebration.

Now anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a very behind the scenes person. I don't like the limelight very much at all. This whole project put me smack in the middle of it! Standing in front of the entire school body and speaking was uncomfortable for me. HOWEVER, for a cause like this and to brag on these amazing kids I did it willingly.

As of today, the kids have raised over $1100! Jojo and Sarah mentioned our school and me by name on the air today. I missed it darn it all.. but the thought was there.

I'm so blessed to be a part of this "family" at RFE and to have these kids as my "mission field".

2 comments:

Kate said...

SOO AWESOME, Rin you rock! I am SO very proud of you and the loving and giving heart the God has given you. I love you, sis!

Mel said...

Hi Erinn!
I have been checking out Kari's website ever since she started and then saw that she got you hooked so I have been keeping up with you too! It is so funny that you teach 3rd grade because that is what I teach here in Delaware. They are definitely at an amazing age and keep you on your toes. Congrats on being such a great leader for your school and encouraging your students to make a difference. Way to go! You definitely have bragging rights! If you get a minute feel free to pop in to my blog tuttlefamilyadventures.blogspot. I have to admit Kari was my inspiration and I have had a blast blogging. Happy snow day!!!

Melissa Tuttle (aka Lightfoot :-)