Saturday, February 17, 2007

Making Memories

Me, Amy and my sister Kari

This past weekend was such a treat for me and for the rest of my family as well. My dear friend and "sister" Amy came from England, sans children, for a 5 day visit. It has been nearly 3 years since I've seen her. We talk about once a month or so but it just doesn't compare to face to face. She and I worked together on her coming so that it would be a surprise for my mom and sister. We got the desired effect - open mouths that were speechless as she walked in the door! It was priceless.

I had taken off Tuesday and Wednesday to spend with her but it seems as though that was unnecessary as MD was hit with a snow/ice storm on Tuesday. It closed schools on Wednesday and Thursday so I was able to have an extra day with her. I spent the night at my parent's house on Tuesday with the "gang". The house was packed - 9 of us sleeping in all nooks and crannies! The kids got to enjoy bath time together. Wednesday morning we all piled into Mimi and Gdad's "BIG BED" for cuddle time. We had a fun time!

Lounging in Mimi's BIG BED

How many bodies can you get in a king sized bed??

Mimi, Gdad and the grand-kids











It was so amazing to be able to share time together - to share Abraham with her (she had never seen him)- to share Moses with her - to sit and talk like we used to. There are few friends who I can be myself with - be "real" even tho "real" may very well be ugly. Few friends who take me as I am, flaws and screw ups and all. Amy has seen it all from me. My ugly, my "real", my flaws... She has been a constant friend that I always knew would love me, that I could depend on and who would always tell me the truth even when it hurt. I so admire her and love her. I'm blessed to count her a friend and a sister in heart and spirit.

No comments: