Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Sharing Memories


This won't mean anything to anyone but me and those involved but I'm doing it anyhow. My friend Amy is like a 2nd sister to me. She is the best friend I've ever had, aside from my husband and my sister. Amy and I have been thru the highs and lows of life - and she has really become a part of my family. She has lived in England for the better part of our friendship but yet we have managed to stay close. She was just here visiting and even though it was really short, it was SO GOOD and REFRESHING to be together again. She, my sister and I have shared many memories together and I wantd to make them a part of my Thursday Thirteen this week.

Thirteen Memories that I Share with Kari and Amy

1. Father of the Bride sayings - "He's a genious and we need his mind!" "What's new pussycat?" "... the genious from the bun factory gottogether with the genious from the weiner factory and decided to rip off the American public. Well, I, George Banks won't stand for it!!"

2. Recording cassette tapes together - Mrs. Y. Manners, Sharita, Tawanda

3. Burning down the house - you little arson!

4. Harford Christian Christmas pictures - good God!

5. Amy teaching us to dance to techno music

6. Writing songs together

7. Having to live together in the same house/room for nearly a year - talk about character building!

8. Being "real" with each other - sharing our struggles and victories together, sharing our hearts

9. BAD HAIR!!

10. Praying together

11. Sharing Moses and his life

12. Having a marathon movie watching day with Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea - Gilbert Blythe was so cute! We loved the phrase "Tomorrow is fresh with no mistakes."

13. And the best thing about our friendship is that we can pick back up where we left off the last time we were together.

I'm so grateful for Amy's friendship. I'm a better person for knowing her and being her friend. She has taught me about being "real" and not hiding my feelings. She has taught me about honesty and integrity. She has taught me how to have fun and not take myself too seriously! I love her dearly - she is my bosom friend as Anne of Green Gables would say! I miss her terribly but I'm so thankful for the time that we have had together. I LOVE YOU AIMHEAD!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I think your list is wonderful...really shows how special those close friendships are...all those "inside jokes" are treasures aren't they!

Kate said...

Aww Rinny! Awesome post...loved it and each one made me smile! We are SO blessed to have each other and to have our Aimhead...sister of the heart. I love you whole-a-butz!! :)