Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Some people...

Forgive me whilst I vent a minute... people who smoke are I.D.I.O.T.S!!
So tonight we are watching the American Idol finale and smelling smoke. We check the stove, dryer, incense... nothing. I walk over to the living room window, which is at ground level and tell Michael that is where I smell the smoke. He immediately jumps up and says "The mulch!" What? Mulch can catch fire?? Well, of course it can -- especially when someone throws a cigarette on it and it's dry!! Holy crap!
We were just gonna throw water on it but after kicking it a bit, Michael saw that it went pretty deep. Enter the Bel Air Fire Department! Needless to say Abraham was very excited. They hosed it down really well -- even let Abraham hold the hose! (missed that picture!)
We have complained about all the smoking and cigarette throwing going on at our apartments for a good year now. Having a "fire" this close to our home, really makes us angry! What the heck?? And you can bet your bottom dollar that I called the office and expressed my concern and unhappiness. Maybe this will get "them" kicked out... I hope so.
GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





As soon as Abraham heard that the firemen were coming, he ran to get his hat and his outfit. I managed to get him to only take the hat outside as he watched the water truck and the guy put out the fire! He had an exciting night!


1 comment:

Lavishly Loved said...

Oh.My.Goodness.!!!!
Glad you are all ok!
But I must say, Abraham going out to help...now that is just too funny!
We are in Massachusetts until tomorrow and will come home. We have seen some lovely places.
love you,
Kaki