Monday, May 18, 2009

I must be crazy!


Okay so it's official... I sent in my $14 check to enter myself into the Bel Air Town Run this year. I must be crazy... I am so NOT a runner. What am I thinking?? I must have bumped my head... for real.
So I asked myself Why? Why give up a perfectly good Sunday to run/walk a 5K race? Why... I guess to prove to myself that I CAN do it... to continue to motivate me to be active. I have been doing really good lately with exercise and eating well. I even have run a bit on the trail by our house.
And besides... a friend talked me into it!! She ran her first 5K a few weeks ago and is also going to do this race here in Bel Air. I figured she neeed the company... and I needed someone to at least start out with. Whether she and I finish together has yet to be seen... but I WILL finish!
I guess this means I should do some more running to train?? Boy does that sound odd coming out of my mouth... anyone want to come and cheer us on??

1 comment:

Mel said...

SQUUUUUEEEEEEAAAAAALLLL!! We are totally going to rock this girl. I am so proud of you for taking the leap. I know you can do it and we will do it together! Just remember to run slow to make the distance and then you can work on speed. I run very slooowwww. (Is my stretching of words annoying anybody but me yet??) I'll have to start emailing you to see how you are doing. Did I mention how proud I am of you??!!