Wednesday, May 20, 2009

NICU Reunion 2009



Each year, the NICU where both of the boys were has a Reunion. This past Sunday Abraham and I went down to GBMC for the Reunion. They had the cafeteria all decorated up in a Hawaiian theme. Totally cute! Abraham had a blast with the hand painting, bubble machine and the toys they had out.


It has been 3 1/2 years since we were in the NICU so I knew very few nurses or doctors. It was a bit different just standing around... but as I looked around the room I started to count all the kids that were there who were helped by the Doctors and Nurses in the NICU and I couldn't help but say a prayer of thanks for them. You know, without the doctors and nurses' expertise and wisdom, our time in the NICU would have been much more difficult. God had us there for a reason and we are grateful for them.


It was a good time to remember how far Abraham has come and how well he is doing. However, it was also a bit bittersweet as I counted numerous sets of twins in the mix. Sometimes it is really hard to not think that I should have been there with two boys, not just one. That I should be able to have two boys living at home with us. I don't feel any resentment towards God but I do often feel a bit wistful, wishing we still had Moses with us. My head knows he is happy and healthy with the angels... but my heart misses my sweet boy.


Don't ask... I don't know WHAT he is doing!! (he is his father's child!)

Spider on his hand


Tippy-toeing through the toys



ROAR!



Our sweet miracle boy -- Man I love this kid!


No comments: