Monday, June 4, 2007

Visit from PA family


Kari with her kids, Alex and Chloe and then Babe-ra-hams!



KK with Abraham


Uncle Mike playing with Alex - he "popped" his eyeball out and put it in his mouth. This really freaks Alex out and he gets all wiggy! Too funny!!



Joel, Kari, Uncle Scott and Pappy



Mimi, Aunt Hazel and Abraham - Abraham is Hazel's Great-Great Nephew (Doesn't she look good for being 95 yrs old??!!)


This past weekend my family from outside of Pittsburgh were able to come for a visit. Uncle Scott is changing jobs and had some time off. It has been a while since they have been down to visit. Both Pap and Aunt Hazel haven't been in the best health recently. Scott drove them down on Saturday and they will go home on Tuesday. They haven't seen Abraham or any of the kids since Christmas. It was a good time for them to see how big Abraham is getting- he wasn't walking at Christmas!

Scott decided that he really wanted crabs so they got 2 dozen from somewhere - after calling about 10 different places. This happened to be graduation weekend and most places were sold out! Oops! But they enjoyed them - poor Pappy didn't like the Old Bay and washed each one off before he ate it. I know, I know you true Baltimorians! How dare he!! That was just his thing I guess.

I am so glad to have been able to see them and spend some time with them. Abraham and I will try and make a trip up to see them this summer sometime. It just made me more aware of how much older they are getting and that I need to make the most of my time with them. TIME is the greatest thing you can give a person and I fear that I have not given my own extended family the TIME that they deserve. I hope that I can be better about this in the future.

No comments: