Sunday, June 17, 2007

Longwood Gardens - Father's Day 2007


Italian water gardens





I'm gonna get that water if it's the last thing I do!!






Hurray! I got it and I'm soaked! What fun water is!!




Today, Father's Day, Michael wanted to go to Longwood Gardens. It is about 45 miles north of us into PA. This is a garden that was established by Pierre du Ponte (yes of the du Pont products you are thinking of!). He bought it to save over 1000 acres of trees in the early 1900's. The gardens have been kept going since he died in the 1950's. It is an absolutely gorgous place to walk through. You could spend all day and never see it all. We had beautiful weather and Abraham did really well, which is always nice! It was a nice day to spend together. Happy Father's Day Michael!




Darn it all - Daddy won't let me get in this water. But there are FISH in there!

1 comment:

Mel said...

I love seeing pictures of Abraham. He is getting so big, I can't wait to meet him in person hopefully this summer!! Happy Father's Day Michael!!
Mel