Thursday, January 22, 2009

March For Babies


Dear Friends,

It is nearly that time of year again -- the March of Dimes March for Babies. Abraham, my sister and I will be walking again this year in March for Babies. We had a great time last year at this event. Some new additions to the walk were cards that were sent to current NICU parents to encourage them on their daily walk as well as a huge poster that you could sign in honor of your preemie(s). Whoever came up with these ideas was a genius! :)

As you all know, this cause is very important to our family as Abraham and Moses were born prematurely, at 28 weeks. It was because of the work of the March of Dimes and the amazing staff in the NICU of GMBC that Michael and I were able to feel comforted and educated about caring for a preemie.

The money we raise helps save premature and sick babies. Premature birth is the #1 cause of newborn death and the biggest threat to babies’ health today, and through WalkAmerica, the March of Dimes is funding important research to find out why premature birth happens and what can be done to prevent it.

Please consider contributing to this important cause. Last year I was able to raise over $800 from family and friends, thanks to many of your donations to this great organization. It would be wonderful if I could match that this year, if not exceed it.

Contributing to my walk online is fast, easy and secure. You can donate directly from my personal webpage with a credit/debit card or PayPal. If you prefer, I can also accept cash or check. Just click the appropriate box on my webpage.

I’ve joined with millions of compassionate people across the country who support WalkAmerica each year. Won’t you please help me in this worthy cause? Visit my webpage and sponsor me in the walk that saves babies!

With your support, there’s hope.

Thank you for your constant support and love for us.
Michael, Erinn and Abraham

My personal web page address for donations is ...http://www.marchforbabies.org/abesmomma

Would you like to see what March for Babies is and why I'm walking?Click http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P_dFD0J47I to see the video.



No comments: