Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Praying for Nate and Tricia




Please be in prayer right now, Wednesday evening, for Tricia as she is in surgery for her double lung transplant!! These next hours will be very difficult for her and for her hubby Nate. If you have ever sat in the waiting room of a hospital, waiting for someone you love to come out of surgery, you know what an agonizing wait it can be. Pray for Nate as he waits for Tricia - for Tricia that she will be able to bounce back to full health - for the donors family as they have lost a loved one - for their extended family as they support Nate and Tricia through this time.

And please consider what part you could have in organ donation. I have thought about it and my thoughts are these - after I am gone from this earth and with the Father what does it matter what happens to my physical body? It won't be ME. And if my physical body can give LIFE to someone like Tricia, someone who needs new lungs so that she can live and enjoy watching her sweet daughter grow up --- then THAT is what I want to do. What would you do?

1 comment:

Mel said...

I am an organ donor and feel the same as you. It isn't me anymore so why not be able to help somebody else. I visited Nate's blog and was brought to tears and my knees.