Thursday, February 14, 2008

Friends are Friends Forever!




For those of you who might not know, I attended Word of Life Bible Institute in up state New York from 1994 - 1996. I made some incredible friends while I was there... some that I am still in touch with today. Laura was one of those friends - altho back then I called her Haggarty (her maiden name!) She and I didn't really become friends until our 2nd year at WOL. We did a lot of stuff together - with a few other friends. Then we graduated from WOL and went our own ways. But thanks to Laura's faithful friendship and emails... and sometimes mine :) We have managed to stay friends for the past 13 years.

This is a picture of us the last time that we saw each other - at my wedding nearly 7 years ago. She and her husband Ian traveled from New England (not sure exactly where at the time.. she has lived ALL over New England!) to be at our wedding - I had the privilege a year or so prior to be at her wedding as well.

Anyhow, all that to say... and yes there is a point to my ramblings!! She had a vacation planned in 2 weeks and it was unexpectedly cancelled. Well apparently she needs ME/MOMMY time and her hubby told her to come and see little ol' me! So she is coming to visit me in 2 weeks and I am really excited to see her again! She might be more excited than me to get away from home for a few days - but I'm still pretty excited!!

I'm just really blessed to have been able to develop some deep friendships with people from my past. God has given me strong Christian friends who share common faith, mindset and values with me. I couldn't ask for more!
(besides Laura, I'm still good friends with one of my roomies from WOL too - Emily)

So come on Laura - we got lots to do!!
Pooh :0

No comments: