Friday, January 19, 2007

Bragging Rights for a Proud Teacher!


I just had to put this on our blog simply because I'm so proud! A local radio station has a fund raiser called "The Change Bandits" that raises money for the Johns Hopkins Children's Center. This is where both Moses and Chloe were treated. It is in the top 3 pediatric hospitals in the country, treating over 7,500 children this year. I have always wanted to be able to give to this cause but haven't. This year, because of my ties with the hospital, I wanted to do something for them. So I proposed the fundraiser to the 2nd and 3rd graders at my school. I set a goal for each child to bring in $1. If they did this then we'd have around $200, which I thought would be fantastic. The kids were really excited about this, perhaps because they could connect to someone they knew, I don't know.

Anyhow, all this to say... that on the first day of our collection we had close to $300!! And on the second day, we totalled $600! Today, the third day, we have another $200. I wouldn't doubt that by the time we are done (February 9) we will have close to $1000!!I am completely amazed and blown away by the generosity of these kids and their families! I'm in the works to try and get the radio DJ's to come to our school so that we can present the money to them. I sure hope that they can come!

It just goes to show that kids can really surprise you.... and that they can exceed our highest goals if we just encourage them.
I'M SO PROUD OF ALL OF THEM!

I just wanted to brag.

No comments: